The EIT Digital Problem, the main competitors for European digital deep tech firms, is now accepting purposes. Quick-growing startups with present clients – so-called scaleups – are invited to use in one in all 5 thematic areas: Digital Tech, Digital Cities, Digital Trade, Digital Wellbeing, and Digital Finance. The very best three firms will obtain prizes totaling €250,000 in money and in form. The software deadline is 10 Could 2021.
Scaling up European Deep Tech Ventures
EIT Digital focuses on constructing and scaling ventures, and on breeding and up-skilling abilities to equip them with each digital and entrepreneurial abilities.
“It’s our ambition to assist firms overcome the fragmented European market and efficiently develop throughout the continent. The EIT Digital Problem is our key instrument to determine the perfect European deep tech entrepreneurs and assist them, by means of our Accelerator, to lift funds, entry new markets, and scale up internationally. We help them to change into main firms on the worldwide market and improve Europe’s competitiveness in digital,” says EIT Digital Chief Innovation Officer Chahab Nastar.
The EIT Digital Accelerator gives tailored help for high-growth European tech scaleups by serving to them safe worldwide clients and lift capital, due to a pan-European, distributed staff of enterprise builders and fundraising specialists. Since 2012, the EIT Digital Accelerator has supported startups and scaleups from 18 international locations which have raised over 1 billion Euro in funding.
The EIT Digital Problem gives worldwide progress help & visibility for deep tech scaleups innovating in 5 most important classes:
- Digital Tech: Inventing the digital future with core applied sciences offering safe, strong, responsive, and clever communications and computation.
- Digital Cities: Serving the cities with digital applied sciences addressing city mobility, citizen inclusiveness and engagement, and metropolis security.
- Digital Trade: The digital transformation of the business, from manufacturing to logistics to retail.
- Digital Wellbeing: Safeguarding well being for the youth, the working skilled, and the aged by analyzing sensor information.
- Digital Finance: The disruption of digital transactions and establishments with applied sciences that enable transparency, effectivity, safety, and belief.
How the EIT Digital Problem Advantages your Scaleup
Since its launch in 2014, the EIT Digital Problem has attracted greater than 2,500 entries from throughout Europe. Outstanding award winners embrace KONUX, Medicus.AI, or SidekickHealth, digital know-how scaleups which have change into internationally profitable firms. Being awarded by the EIT Digital Problem represents a major milestone for scaleups.
In 2021, 20 chosen firms will probably be invited to an unique occasion in autumn, the place they may pitch to a jury of high-profile corporates and buyers. “A complete of three winners will probably be introduced throughout this occasion, one Problem winner and two runners-up. All of them will obtain a full yr of tailor-made help from the EIT Digital Accelerator, valued at €50,000. On high of that, the Problem winner will obtain a money prize of €100,000,” says Shehryar Piracha, Head of the EIT Digital Accelerator.
Final yr, a report variety of 403 scaleups from 32 international locations utilized for the competitors. Nearly 40% of candidates, 55% of the 20 finalists, and three out of 5 winners (that’s 60%) characteristic girls as founders or C-level executives. With common revenues of €1.4M, common funding of €7.6M, and common employees of greater than 40, the 2020 laureates are probably the most mature prize winners within the 7-year historical past of the Problem. Final November, Europe’s greatest Deep Tech scaleups have been awarded:
- Deepomatic (FR) – a no-code visible automation platform to help discipline operations with laptop imaginative and prescient purposes
- Icometrix (BE) – helps successfully quantify mind abnormalities by means of an AI-powered imaging resolution
- SwipeGuide (NL) – clever work directions and procedures through augmented apps to enhance productiveness on the manufacturing unit ground
- Targomo (DE) – location intelligence resolution to optimize retail networks, ship higher public companies and enhance actual property searches
- Wishibam (FR) – permits the creation of scalable marketplaces based mostly on real-time retailer stock
Being awarded by the EIT Digital Problem represents a major milestone for scaleups on the verge to develop and develop internationally. The 5 awarded firms joined the EIT Digital Accelerator to obtain worldwide progress help to scale up their enterprise internationally.
“Successful the EIT Digital Problem was an enormous recognition for the work of our staff and being named by EIT Digital as the perfect deep tech startup in Europe was actually significant at this time limit – the start of our scaleup stage”, says Augustin Marty, CEO & Co-Founding father of Deepomatic, who received the first prize of the EIT Digital Problem in 2020.
Is your scaleup eligible to use?
Your Deep Tech scaleup is eligible for becoming a member of the EIT Digital Problem 2021 if it meets the next standards:
- Nationality: You’re included within the EU 27 + Horizon Europe related international locations (full listing right here)
- Revolutionary Product/Service: You might have an revolutionary digital services or products in one of many 5 Deep Tech thematic areas:
- Digital Tech, Digital Trade, Digital Finance, Digital Cities, Digital Wellbeing
- Further Info on the Focus Space/Classes right here
- Founding 12 months: Your organization is lower than 10 years outdated (01/01/2011)
- Maturity: Your corporation is on the progress stage and able to scale internationally, to be confirmed by assembly one of many following standards:
- minimal income of €300,000 in 2020, or
- minimal income of €300,000 in 2021 till the date of submission, or
- minimal €2,000,000 of complete funding
Now it’s your flip to change into the subsequent European success story! To study extra & apply, go to the EIT Digital Problem web site. Purposes shut on 10 Could 2021.
Sharing is caring!